You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Dschinghis Khan’ tag.
So … we’ve been at the halfway point for a while now. My original plan was to do this every year, and that certainly doesn’t look feasible at this point. Though getting through half the countdown in one year is some progress, I guess. The countdown covered only PVs up to and including 2007, so all the fantastic videos from 2008 weren’t included. And seeing as how this will continue on into 2009 without honoring the 2008 PVs, here’s a list of the 2008 H!P PVs that I thought were noteworthy, in alphabetical order:
- Abe Natsumi & Yajima Maimi (°C-ute) – 16sai no Koi Nante (1213 Ver.)
- Berryz Koubou – Dschinghis Khan
- Berryz Koubou – MADAYADE
- Dschinghis Khan × Berryz Koubou – Dschinghis Khan Tartar Mix (β Ver.)
- Buono! – Gachinko de Ikou!
- Buono! – Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!
- Buono! – Renai♥Rider
- Buono! – Rottara Rottara
- °C-ute – FOREVER LOVE
- °C-ute – Edo no Temari Uta II
- MilkyWay – Anataboshi
- MilkyWay – Tan Tan Taan!
- Morning Musume。 – Resonant Blue (Another Ver.)
- Shugo Chara Egg! – Minna no Tamago
- Tsukishima Kirari starring Kusumi Koharu (Morning Musume。) – Papancake
Sorry I don’t have anything more exciting. This countdown should (hopefully) pick up again in January.
I have a puzzle for you all! But first, a few quick notes regarding recent releases:
- Berryz Koubou’s Dschinghis Khan PV: This is definitely Berryz’s best video to date, and one of the freshest things to come out of H!P in recent memory. I had it on repeat for an obscenely long amount of time while I was working on the puzzle below. You can count on this being in the top 10 on the Countdown next year (speaking of which, I’ll resume this year’s countdown soon…), unless H!P manages to top this in the months to come.
- Buono!’s Café Buono! album: While waiting for my physical copy to arrive, I listened to the tracks recently floating around on the Interwebs. I must say, this is by far the best album I’ve heard in a while, and I actually enjoy every single track. To put this in perspective, almost every one of my favorite albums has a few duds. Out of the entire corpus of non-classical music I’ve ever listened to, which spans a number of diverse genres, there is only one other album for which I honestly enjoyed every single track. That album was M2M’s Shades of Purple (2000). So this is quite an extraordinary achievement for Buono!, and I’m looking forward to the group’s future work.
OK, now on to the puzzle.
One of my hobbies is solving and writing puzzles, particularly the kind featured in the annual MIT Mystery Hunt. These are typically not traditional-type puzzles (crosswords, sudoku, etc.), though many of them borrow the format of traditional puzzles or combine different kinds of traditional puzzles. Generally, the puzzles come with few or no instructions (and those that are present are usually cryptic), and part of the challenge is to figure out how to solve the puzzle before actually solving it. The solution in each case is usually a word or short phrase. The entire Mystery Hunt is generally organized into rounds of puzzles, so the answers to the puzzles in each round combine to produce a meta-puzzle, and so forth.
Recently, I decided to combine my interests in puzzling and H!P and produce an H!P puzzle. The following is the result of an all-nighter soundtracked by nonstop repeats of Dschinghis Khan. I have another puzzle too, but I need to work out a few bugs before I can present it.